Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Spirit


Our Christmas cuties!


Look at that face
I have had the hardest time getting into the Christmas spirit this year.I think just all the pressure of making it a perfect day and doing fun things with the kids to make it a special season was really getting to me.Then Jaden and Megan sang at the Nativity Festival. Our church puts this together every year here, and it was so cool. There were lots of nativities from all over the world. I wish I would of taken pictures of my favorite ones. The kids sang some wonderful Christmas songs .(and Megan loved her new sparkly dress.) Then I started to get in the Christmas mood , then I decorated the tree with Megan and she was so excited. It made me remember decorating the tree with my mom and loving every minute of it .I could hardly wait until Christmas. Then we had some pretty carolers come to our door that brought a tear to my eye. And we have been doing something different this year. Our friends gave us a Christmas scripture advent this year. You read a scripture and then listen to a song . With the days being so hectic and long it's been great to sit down and reflect on the real reason for the season.

8 comments:

Laurel said...

Now I feel bad. We didn't put up our tree this year because we are leaving before Christmas and it just seemed kind of silly, especially since we haven't been around to even have time to put it up. We did put up a really small, iridescent tree in the girls room, but it still isn't the same. I miss that. I am looking forward to going to my parents house and seeing their tree, presents, etc.

Maddock Family said...

Every time I look at your blog, I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting. They are so cute. I hope you have a great Xmas!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas! some years it is hard to get in the spirit. remember you have a new little one and they are a lot of work! not be too hard on yourself. i am feeling guilty for missing so much of the christmas season with the girls. :( lauren was crying on the phone last night that she wanted me to go to her class christmas party. it broke my heart. we moms know we just can't do it all. :) your kids are precious dolls!

Lisa said...

Will you share your advent calendar? Not for this year, but maybe next year. We miss you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Marrott Family said...

Yay for Christmas!!! I'm glad you were able to find the spirit!!! and your kids are such cuties!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes nothing helps remind you better about the reason for the season than being asked to speak in sacrament the Sunday after Christmas! Another good reason to NEVER stay home at Christmas time! Wish we were going to Utah to play with all our family. Love you guys and your kids look so so sooooo darling. Merry Christmas

Sara Paul said...

Nat--you are the best and I miss your kids. I am so glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. I love your Christmas thoughts and wish I could be there to see your cute kids get excited for Christmas. Mine drive me crazy, but yours are adorable.

Tricia and Michael said...

Skipper- "What's it like to kiss a boy?"

A memory I will ALWAYS cherish!
Too bad there won't 'all hail the snow queen' this year. too bad.