Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Primary Program


All the children in our church gave talks and sang songs at church this past sunday. It was so very sweet to hear them sing about Jesus. This was the first year Jaden actually participated after 4 years of being too afraid to go up there. ( way to go dude) And megan was so cute and sang with the sumbeams and said her part too. At the end they sang a song that went like this:

If the savior stood beside me,would I do the things I do? Would I think of his commandments and try harder to be true? Would I follow his example? Would I live more righteously if I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me?

Megan started to cry when they were singing this song, and wouldn't sing anymore, and we asked her why she was crying and she said because "I was feeling good inside." It is in these sweet moments that help us remember our Savior is really there watching over us.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness that is so sweet!!

Tricia and Michael said...

that is so precious!! I love the primary program!! and way to go jaden. . . both with finally talking at the pulpit and your amazing award at school!! Hooray for Texas Schools and going all day as a kindergartener!

Carrie said...

That is so sweet! I love when kids feel the Spirit.

Lisa said...

I knem Megan would get right up and do her part and had been wondering if it would inspire Jaden to do the same. How fun for you to get to have both of your kids in the program this year.

Tricia and Michael said...

Ben...you know you love fanny packs.....you should check out jason and sara's blog! Take care!

Marrott Family said...

How can you read your blog about Megan without getting chills? What a doll!! We miss you!!

Laurel said...

What a sweetheart!

Susan said...

Way to go Jaden and Megan. We will miss you in our program this year.
They are getting so big and are as adorable as ever!

Sara Paul said...

I love that song so much. I hope she never forgets that. I wasn't sure if Jack would say his "talk" in the program because of stage fright. He did so well, I had a little tear. It was one of those moments that you are so proud and it just hits you out of the blue. Wait til Colby is in it next year. If he is still pickin' his nose I will not cry because of pride.