Monday, November 24, 2008

Sweet Potatoe Casserole

Sweet Potatoes

3 c. boiled sweet potatoes-mashed
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
2 eggs- well beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. sweet milk (eagle brand)

Mix and put into a buttered dish. ( Use mixer to mash the potatoes until smooth).

Topping:
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. chopped nuts (pecans)
1/2 c. flour
1/3 c. melted butter

Mix and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 for 25 mins.

It is not Thanksgiving until I make these. They are sooooo yummmyy!!And easy to make.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

6 comments:

Tricia and Michael said...

hmmm maybe i'll have to be ambitious. . . sounds good. but i'm not making any promises!!

Lisa said...

I actually bought everything to make these today! My WHOLE family is coming to town for the feast, and these are a neew family favorite at our house. So glad you intruduced us to them. Can you believe that our Thanksgiving together was 2 years ago? Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

this recipe looks good and i don't even like sweet potatoes. i think i may try this though. thanks for sharing!

Laurel said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I love sweet potatos. They are definitely my favorite thing at the table. They are hard to find here though and are considered an "exotic" food. They are called patate deuce.

STELLY said...

I have had this recipe and it totally rocks!! Why do we only eat this yummy dish once a year? Thank you for sharing this one, I have never made it myself and now I think I just might! Have a great Thanksgiving you guys!!
Kelly aka Winky!!

Carrie said...

We've made a version of these the last couple of years and they are so much better than the chunky, oogy sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. The only thing I liked about those was the marshmallows!

Happy Thanksgiving!